Forex Media News Station

2010/05/16

Paul Tudor Jones on his Mentor

The legendary trader Paul Tudor Jones was once mentored by another great trader, Eli Tullis. Here is an anecedote narrated by Paul on his mentor:


Paul learned to handle the bad days eleven years ago in New Orleans. He got a job working for a commodities trader who taught Paul much of what he knows.

"It was a half training ground. The first year did nothing but to get us coffee. I mean, I was learning about most of the stuff like that, but I was a glorified secretary, which was fine, because I was sucked into everything. Everything he did, every move that he made and every step that he took."

"And I'll never forget in a Friday Afternoon, three wives, three of his clients from Mississipi, came into his office, because it's the most beautiful office I've ever seen, period. Everyone wanted to come in and see his office and his collections. And he sat there right in the middle of getting absolutely decimated across the board in his commodities. And he, with his most beautiful smile in his face, with his most incredibly elegant pose, and stylish composure, just had a wonderful chat with them for about forty-five minutes to an hour. And I just was overwhelmed. Can anybody be that strong?"

The above quote came from the documentary Trader which featured Paul Tudor Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment